Tuesday, April 3, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

As you all know, I spent ten days in the truck and sleeping in hotels. Then another seven staying at my vet's house, dog sitting. While I love vacations, and her dogs are too funny, it's nice to be back in my own bed tonight.



My vet lives in...not really a city...but definitely more crowded and noisy than my town. Stepping outside you hear the highway in the backyard, and the busy main road in the front. Her neighborhood is peaceful though which is pleasant, but nothing really can compare to driving back home at night with the windows down.

The air is just different out here. It feels crisper, and has the amazing mixed scents of cut grass and moo-cows. I didn't fully realize how much I missed being home. And the peepers of course, they're much more peaceful than cars.

Sometimes, it's nice to get away from things for a while, but it makes you realize how nice you've got it at home too.

This really has nothing to do with the post, other than it's peaceful and my farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment