Monday, July 2, 2012

Mr. Sun is a Cruel Man

I've been sun burnt before. Like, red-as-a-lobster burnt. While that hurts for a couple of days, it's not as embarrassing as a big ol' sunglasses tan across your face. The joke "raccoon face" wore out its humor after the fourth person to say it.


My mom and I, along with two others of our show team, took our horses to a Morgan breed show this past weekend. We've been there before and it's always a lot of fun. This year we had a ton of sun, and I didn't show as much as I have before, which left extra time for sitting in the sun and watching the other classes.

I felt my arms, back, chest, and legs cooking a little bit, but they weren't getting bright red and I wasn't too concerned. I'd put a little bit of sunscreen on before, but not much and not on my face. Well, I guess I've never had to worry about my face before because it didn't even cross my mind. After the second day of fun in the sun, I noticed I had a pale outline of my sunglasses, which are rather large sunglasses.

This morning, I woke up and saw my face had gotten a lot redder than I'd expected. And on the one day I have to go to work and deal with customers at a restaurant all day. Super. I look like another Kardashian.


Kim K's bad burn.


I worried myself sick about what people would say and if they'd laugh, but by the time we opened the doors, I realized...who cares? Roll with the punches, and laugh with them. Yeah, I look stupid, but I had a great weekend and it'll make a great story.

So if you're ever in my boat someday, hold your raccoon face high and laugh with the best of them. And just remember, at least you're not this guy:



No comments:

Post a Comment