Monday, September 2, 2013

No Truer Commercial

Commercials today are pretty genius. I mean, how many Wednesdays have gone by without you hearing "Hump Dayyy!" at least four times? People still talk about various Super Bowl commercials, and of course, we all know and love the Budweiser Clydesdales. 


But there are two commercials that ring so close to home, I forget about everything else for the 60 seconds they're on.

They're both Chevy truck commercials. Regardless of your truck brand loyalty (which, amongst men, is like declaring allegiance to a country), these commercials are simply perfect.

The first describes every farmer I've ever known. 


I can't tell you how many times Jeff has gone out searching for a lost calf. And his truck has been everywhere, and has the scars to prove it.

The second hits very close to me because even though the commercial shows one type of horse riding, the words can be applied to any type. 


That line "A ribbon that goes on her wall, not in her hair" is such a good line that if I were allowed to get a tattoo, I'd get that. Equestrians have more show ribbons than we know what to do with, but we always make room on our walls for more.

Chevy nailed both commercials. That is advertising done right. Everything about them, from the narrative to the the story line, is so well done I wouldn't be surprised if even the yuppies in my town started running around in brand spanking new Chevy trucks.

Chevy captured not just a moment, but a lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment