Sunday, July 22, 2012

Anti-PETA

I do not agree whatsoever with the actions and decisions of the group PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). They have taken a good idea and concept,  protecting defenseless animals against abuse from humans, and turned it into one giant laughing stock.




Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% against animal abuse, but mine and PETA's definition of abuse differ greatly. They think that keeping domestic pets is abuse and that they live horrible lives. "This selfish desire to possess animals and receive love from them causes immeasurable suffering . . . and depriving them of the opportunity to engage in their natural behavior." A direct quote I found on PETA's site.


My dogs are in no way suffering from the deprived opportunities to engage in their natural behaviors. Maggie and I play fetch almost daily; she's a Labrador mix and a retrieving dog. Therefore, she gets to retrieve the toy much like she would a bird. (Although, hunting is against PETA's beliefs, so how is a retrieving dog supposed to engage in that natural behavior if we're not supposed to hunt...?)


I used their beliefs on domestic pets as an example of their unrealistic ideas. What really aggravates me is an article a friend of mine, and Marine, posted. It's about PETA attacking the Marines over their word choices.


http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/07/peta-protests-marine-corps-terminology-mayhem-ensues/

When PETA has to start attacking the Marines because of their TERMINOLOGY, they have some serious mental issues. Those men and women fight with their lives for our country, so that this idiotic group has the right to organize and promote their ridiculous ideas. If it wasn't for our country's military, we as citizens wouldn't be allowed to voice such outrageous opinions.

And also, the fact that they are so bored they have to start targeting certain words, gets under my skin. There are thousands of animals being abused by horrible people; puppy mills, horse traders, neglectful owners, ect. Why does PETA have to waste time attacking the Marines? Shouldn't they be more focused on rescuing animals in need, instead of simple words?


That being said, I will always do everything I can to prevent animal abuse and help animals in need, but I will in no way assist PETA.

No comments:

Post a Comment