Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Cat is Vertically Challenged...

I thought as a kitten Fire was just special, and didn't know how to live in a barn without getting hurt. But he's almost a year old and still not very barn smart. The rest of the cats here know to stay away from the horses' hooves, how to climb the stalls to get into the rafters, and how to catch their own food.




Fire's figured out how to hunt...I think. I'm hoping the birds and mice I see him carrying weren't stolen from the other cats. Even though he hasn't realized he should stay out of the riding arena so he doesn't get run over, he's at least realized that the place to nap isn't near the horses' hooves. 


What he hasn't learned yet, is how to get down from the rafters. Or even a fence post. Travis, the guy who rents our farmhouse, loves to tease the cats, especially Fire. He puts him in the rafters and laughs then walks away. I can't yell at him too much, cuz it's my stupid cat's fault he hasn't learned how to get down. 


The other afternoon, I saw Fire on one of the arena fence posts trying to work out how to get to the ground safely. It was pretty amusing watching him scale is way down. He eventually made it, but he's definitely not the brightest crayon in the box. It's a good thing his cuteness makes up for it.


Going.

Halfway there.

Predicament.....

He should take cat gymnastic lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment