Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Take A Back Road

Tonight, I found myself once again fed up and bored with the same exact drive home from school. Angry with the idiot in front of me for going so slow, and angry with the jerk behind me for shining his lights in my window (c'mon man, it's not MY fault we're going the speed limit), I took an impromptu turn and decided to drive home the long way.



I found myself instantly relaxed. It felt so nice to drive those winding dark roads I know by heart, with my country music at full volume. No one to impress, no one to stress over, just me, my baby car Sophie, and the soothing nighttime countryside.

I encourage all my readers to take these trips once in a while. Get out of that routine that'll drive you crazy or to fall asleep at the wheel. Take a different road, the scenic route, even if it takes ten or twenty minutes longer than your usual way. Be yourself and sing at the tops of your lungs whatever embarrassing music you'd never listen to with a passenger. It'll be entirely worth it.

Like my man, Rodney says, take a back road.

Not my video, but a gorgeous one!

No comments:

Post a Comment