Sunday, April 29, 2012

News From Afar

Today Jeff and Mom found a note tied to a regular helium balloon that had made its descent into our field.  The note was written on an index card, protected by a sleeve of clear packaging tape, and tied with a baby blue ribbon. With many scribbles and misspelled words, we can only imagine how old the writer was.



Miss Marissa wrote the cutest note known to man on this index card. It simply says, "I am sending this to any one to read. I hope it goes to North Carolina in the city of Garner to the McCreery family. I hope you write back soon" followed by her address. Unfortunately it didn't make it all the way from Canton, Ohio to Garner, North Carolina, but I'm glad it fell into our field in simple Pennsylvania. I wrote a short note back, telling Marissa about our farm and my pets, and included some pictures printed on a blank paper.





Apparently this is not an uncommon activity, according to Jeff. He says he's found them on multiple occasions, though not recently until now. I'm intrigued about this balloon-note mail and find it adorable that a young girl took part in it. I may send my own note someday. Who knows, maybe one of my amazing readers will find it, or even Marissa.


No comments:

Post a Comment