Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tadpole Time

It's almost warm enough for tadpoles! I LOVE tadpoles, and I don't know why.

My friend and I took advantage of the gorgeous weather yesterday and explored the woods behind my school. We got to see all kinds of cool birds and eventually we came upon the first tadpole of the year!!

He's the dark spot in the middle

Isn't he adorable? I can't wait for more of these little guys. They feel so fun when they wriggle in your hand. 

When I was younger, we used to have thousands of tadpoles living in rain-filled tire tracks around the farm. We don't see them as much since the tire tracks don't stay very long, with all the construction going on. But I remember bringing a bucket from the stable and filling it with pond water and as many tadpoles as we could find. I don't recall what we did with the bucket later, but I'm sure we dumped them all somewhere tadpole-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment