Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cow Tippin'

I'm not ashamed to admit--I've gone cow tipping.






At the time (I was probably 14) I had to find out if it was possible. I never did that night though. A few friends and I walked up the road about a quarter mile at midnight to the upper farm where the cows were. We made it all the way through the woods, the three of us wrapped in a blanket, and to the fence, when the back motion-light of my step-grandparents' house turned on.

Panic.

We bolted. No man left behind was not our policy...more like every man for themselves. Running by moonlight is no easy task either. I ended up tripping into a puddle, clutching the blanket, and twisting mid-flight so my back landed in the water and not the blanket (priorities, ya know?). My friend watched behind her and began to laugh and point until she too tripped.

We ended up back in my own yard without getting caught, but we never made it to the cows to find out if they can be tipped. Since then, I've asked Jeff if it's possible, and he said highly unlikely. But I'd like to try again someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment