Monday, May 28, 2012

One Person's Opinion

Well we had a ton of fun together at the show this past weekend, but a lot of people, including my mom and I, were very unhappy with the judge. Some shows you get a great judge who know's what they're doing, and some you get a judge who just blew in from crazy town.



At times, she placed the class appropriately, with horses winning that did fantastic jobs. But others, and for some reason Teddy and I got this end of the deal, she was completely erratic and no one knew why she placed the class that way. For instance, my horse and I had a great ride in our last class of the weekend. He did everything I asked him, and correctly. Yet, we placed third out of four. The second place winner had a horse that freaked and refused to canter and looked awful, right in front of the judge, and still she pinned her over me. The woman even came out of the class and said "You know it's bad when you have to grab mane." I'm sorry, but I feel that due to the simple fact that I never have to grab my horse's mane to stay on means I had a better ride and should've placed better in that class.

We were frustrated because Teddy couldn't have been a better horse and he didn't get the recognition he deserved this weekend. It's hard, but sometimes you have to remind yourself that it's just one person's opinion and opinions differ. All in all, it was great to see old friends from other stables, and spending the weekend with my show team was fun. They're a great group of people and we're all there to support each other.


These are the people who rode, and all the ribbons of the weekend. The rest of the team does all the behind the scenes work and we couldn't show without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment