Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm Home!

As I dust off my blog, I'd like to thank all my loyal readers who checked the blog anyway while I was gone. You're all awesome! I had a fun time on my vacation and it was great to get away from work for a week. Oh and my dog LOVES to swim, who knew? As for the farm, I've apparently missed some fun stuff.


We had a premie calf born yesterday, I think. She's the epitome of adorable. My mom named her Lina, short for Thumbelina. She's the size of my dog, Misty...absolutely tiny for a newborn calf. Her mom, Noel, was born just before Christmas last year also a premie, so she's a young momma cow. Noel has taken good care of her so far and is fine with us handling the baby. But the pair don't exactly fit in with all the horses. They're currently in the empty stall in the stable so we can keep a close eye on Lina.







I'll keep you posted on Lina's growth!

Jeff saw our first mallard ducks floating down the creek, a momma with a whole flock of babies stuck to her. He also spotted a large box turtle out in the field, but didn't catch it for me to keep (super sad face).

My brother's friend who works at the stable, went fishing and got the hook caught in his finger joint, causing a two hour surgery to remove it and near permanent damage. I shiver at the image.

Our Morgan show team went to their first show of the season over the weekend. They all placed well and from what I heard they rode well also. My friend Mark showed my horse Teddy for the first time in the cart like this:


This is a picture of my mom and Ted, since I wasn't there to get one of Mark.

And he won his class out of eight entries. A big win!

Overall I'm glad I went on vacation, but it didn't take long for me to kick off the flip flops and pull on the cowboy boots once I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment