Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moo Cow Babysitters

I took my friend up to the field to see the moo cows last week and once they realized we didn't have any food, and we weren't going to take their babies, they grew bored and we got some cute pictures of them. One of the moms had three babies around her feet and I realized she was the babysitter.



I didn't know cows did that until then. One mom will keep an eye on the little ones so the others can graze in peace. They switch duties so everyone gets time to eat. When the herd started to move off, the babysitter began walking away but paused when the children didn't follow. She moo'd at them softly and one got up, but the others were lazily enjoying the sunshine. She finally had to walk back over and nudge them with her nose so they'd get up and follow the herd.




Completely adorable.

Another momma had an older calf and she was cleaning him with her tongue, and the look he gave her was hysterical. He reminded me of Simba in the bath scene of The Lion King.


"Mom, I'm clean! Can I go play now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment