Friday, February 24, 2012

Time Capsule

Have you ever made a time capsule and buried it?

When I was about fourteen, my friend moved away to another state. After she moved, my other friend Meredith and I took some stuff that reminded the two of us of our other friend.  We put it in a box, then in a bag, and buried it under the Cancer Tree in the stable's driveway.

I haven't had the courage to dig it up yet. Even though most of my friends from the stable have moved on with their lives, I still want to give the time capsule more years underground. Someday the Cancer Tree will die, or construction will unearth the capsule and we'll look at it then. But for now, I'll just leave it be.

The time capsule is buried underneath the right hay bale. 
If you have any time capsule stories, from high school, or childhood, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment