Tuesday, February 28, 2012

3 Day-tona 500

Another reason I never watch sports-I'm a bad luck charm. When I watch the Super Bowl, the team I root for loses. So my friend asked if I wanted to come over and watch the Daytona 500, and I thought, "This might be a sport I'd actually enjoy watching." There was even a girl racing and she became my favorite instantly. Well, my bad luck didn't end at the Super Bowl.

Sunday, when I got to his house, we watched ESPN analysts talk about the drivers for FOUR hours while we waited through a rain delay. The race was postponed until Monday. First at noon, then postponed again until 7.

Finally, my first NASCAR race went like this:

"Go, Danica, go!!" (She's the only green car.)


That was lap 2.

"Well, the only other driver I know of is Jeff Gordon."


Yep. That's him in smoke.

And to top it all off:


One driver lost control and smashed into that poor service truck. They were both ok, thankfully. But that added another two hour delay for clean up. And apparently has never happened before.

All in all, after the race finally ended at 1am Tuesday, I was pretty happy with my first. This might be the beginning of something new for me. And hopefully the end of my bad luck.

Did anyone else watch the Daytona 500?

No comments:

Post a Comment