Sunday, February 5, 2012

Moonlight

One thing I've always loved about living away from the city was being able to see the stars on a clear night. Now, I know that's sappy, and it's not even like I can see the Milky Way or anyting, but nonetheless, I still appreciate it.

The other night I walked out to my mailbox to get the mail, (our mail doesn't come at 11pm, we just forgot to get it earlier) and it was surprisingly bright. Due to the near-full moon, I was able to amuse myself by reading the mail on the short walk back to the house.



No street-lights or house lights. Just moonlight.


(It's a small picture, taken from my phone.)

This isn't the first time I've been surprised by just how bright the moon is. We used to play outside on full moon nights (many moons ago...ha-ha). It's the weird little things no one really thinks about that make me appreciate my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment