Monday, September 3, 2012

Wilma is Home!

Back in April I posted about getting a pet pig. Well, we finally got one! Her name is Wilma. She's not a baby but she's pregnant, so we're going to have piglets in about 20 days!




Wilma is a lot bigger than I was expecting her to be. She's really pretty for a pig though. The man we bought her from hauled her to the farm this afternoon and dropped her off. She loves to be sprayed with the hose on hot days like today, and like all pigs she likes to dig through the bedding for treats and things to eat. 



Her old owners said she'll eat almost anything, and we gave her some bread that she wasn't too interested in. She has a diet of the oat mixture we feed our horses, but she absolutely loves baby carrots. I tossed some in the air so they scattered around her stall, and she enjoys snuffling around in the sawdust and straw for the carrots. 

I'm really excited to have her and I can't wait to have the piglets! As soon as they're born I'll be sure to post pictures of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment