Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wilma has babies!

Wilma had her piglets yesterday night!



I woke up about 7am to a phone call yesterday morning from my mom. She told me I had to get up and wake Jeff up because Wilma had already had her piglets over night. We both launched out of our beds and threw on clothes, then drove down to the barn as soon as we could. She had most of the piglets by the time we got there. We were expecting her to have them later this week, but they came early, so we weren't as ready as we'd hoped.

We have ten healthy piglets as of today, all cute and tiny and noisy. Their squeals make me a little nervous because I think they're hurt, but that's just how they interact with each other. They'll be growing super fast, so I'll keep you regularly updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment