Monday, September 3, 2012

Adventurous Weekends

This weekend I've been house-sitting for a friend of the family who also happens to be my dogs' vet, as well as a boarder in our stable. I've house/dog sat for her many times before, so this was nothing new. Or so I had anticipated nothing to be new.



Last night, I got back to the house around 9, and realized I forgot the house key inside. Ok. I had the garage door opener. Only to realize I locked the door connecting the house to the garage. Swell. Plan C was to check the windows and see if I could climb through one. I'm a farm kid, I've climbed practically everything, including multiple different windows. Luckily the window next to the door was unlocked and I managed to wriggle my way through, rather ungracefully.


Me.

Two skinned knees, a painful wrist, and a strained shoulder later, I was in the house. But that didn't complete my fun weekend.

My dog doesn't like to eat his food dry. (Can you blame him? It's probably like eating dry Cheerios day after day.) So I've been reheating some leftover bacon grease and spooning a little over it each day. Tonight, I put it in the microwave for the usual one minute then went to change. Five minutes later, the microwave still hadn't beeped and the house smelled like bacon. Turns out if you put a plastic container with bacon grease in it for ten minutes instead of one, after five of those minutes the plastic completely melts away and spreads scalding bacon fat all over the microwave.

Boy that was fun to clean up. Remember, always double check that you have your house keys, and three zero's can make a big difference over two.

How have your weekends been? Any fun stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment