Monday, March 12, 2012

The Bird of a Thousand Songs

I never fully realized how much I pay attention to the birds around the farm until I started blogging. Ha. Anyway, I was walking back to the house from the stable yesterday and I heard my good friend The Mockingbird singing on my neighbor's rooftop.

This bird and I have a long standing love-hate relationship. I love to listen to him during the day. I hate to listen to him at 2am in the summer. He's pretty cool, because he sings non-stop for hours, changing his song every few notes. He'll sing one call about twice, then switch to a different one, like this:


But I swear, my bird goes blind halfway through summer. I'll be awake late at night and listen to him calling away at the moon. He echos against the hills because he's the ONLY one singing. I'm convinced he's the bird from Failure to Launch with Zooey Deschanel.

"What kind of devil bird chirps at night?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment