Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Are We There Yet? (Colorado & Wyoming--New Truck?)

"Found On Road Dead" is a popular phrase used to describe Ford trucks. A phrase I can't argue with currently. The trailer spent the night in the Ford dealership parking lot last night in Denver. Our lemon truck is in the doctor's office.
What happens when my parents' truck breaks? They test drive a newer, bigger, version of course. We rode around in an F450 today which was FUN. It's a very pretty truck. But nothing compared to the Rocky Mountains.

After limping into Denver last night, I woke up this morning with an annoying headache. My mom said it's altitude sickness (my brother told me he had attitude sickness) from being one mile above sea level in Denver, compared to the 1,000 ft. in Pittsburgh. It would've been a cool fact if I hadn't fought the stupid headache until late afternoon. Anyway, we test drove the new truck a little bit into the Rockies, and I got some fantastic pictures of the gorgeous mountains. Keep in mind, the pictures don't do them full justice.




Downtown Denver

And also some prairie dogs!!

Sorry, they're really hard to capture.

We rented an Escape from the dealer to get around while the truck is being repaired. We drove to Cheyenne, Wyoming this evening, dropping my brother off with a couple of his friends who live here. (He would have friends all across the nation...incredible.) My mom had hoped to visit Yellowstone Park tomorrow, but she found out the south entrance is closed and that alone is about 7 hours away from Cheyenne. We might have to save that for another time.

Even though I'm a little bored of driving, and super tired of truck and car talk, I'm still thrilled to be out west. The land is gorgeous and I can't wait to move out of my stuffy town and live on some real fresh air.

Rocky sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment