Sunday, March 25, 2012

Are We There Yet? (We Are!)

Buffalo! We're finally here! I know my last post mentioned Buffalo and the movie theater, but that was only in the evening. Today was the big day.



Mom and Jeff went to the cattle auction and Steve and I walked all over the one street town. We spent most of our free afternoon in the sporting shop. We bought a handful of novelties, and I later we stopped at a small cafe with okay food. We then met the parents back at the hotel and drove down the road to see our new bull, Chief.


He's little now, but he's only a year old. We'll have to sell one of our current bulls to make room for Chief, but he has a very nice pedigree and we'll get good looking babies from him. 

Later we went to dinner at a famous hotel called the Occidental Hotel. It's been around since 1880 and has had a variety of guests including Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, Calamity Jane, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ernest Hemingway. The inside had amazing authentic Old West decor and the food was fantastic. 


To top the night off, we drove ten miles into the mountains to see the stars. I've never seen so many stars in one sky. It proves that the sky back home is as big of a joke as I thought it was. Tonight was probably my favorite part of vacation. Everyone needs to go see a western sky at some point in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment