Monday, March 19, 2012

Are We There Yet? (Missouri & Kansas)

We made it out of Illinois this morning and stopped in Saint Louis, Missouri to visit the Gateway Arch. Navigating the city hauling the 30 ft trailer behind was a challenge, but Jeff pulled it off. As much as I hate being a tourist, it was pretty cool looking out across the city from the top of the arch, 630 ft high.


View from the arch top.


I got to touch the Mississippi River on the way back to the truck. By the way, St. Louis is not a rather clean city...it makes Pittsburgh look like a bunch of germaphobes.

Afterwards, we drove in a straight line for hours and hours. Tons of cows and wheat fields to look at. We made it to the Land of Oz (Kansas) and passed a gorgeous farm that made us all envy the owners.


And now we're staying the night in Junction City, Kansas. I don't think Kansas is the state for me, it's constantly windy, which I hate. Oh well. Mom and Steven have been banned to the trailer for the night because they're the snore-ers in the family. Jeff and I are kicking back in the hotel room. But it's back on the road bright and early tomorrow morning.

Does anyone have a favorite state? Any photo requests? I'll post again tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. The Dakotas. North, South, it doesn't matter. How ya liking the long hours on the road?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be passing through South Dakota on the way home. I'll get some pics for ya. The long hours haven't been too bad yet, but then I've also burned through two books in two days.

      Delete