Monday, March 4, 2013

Spiny Mice

Does anyone know what a spiny mouse is? Or more importantly, where I can get another one?

 

Can we just take a second to soak in the adorableness that is this creature? Look at those faces!

As you can kind of see, the fur on their rumps is coarser, giving it a "spiny" look. It doesn't actually hurt and they don't loose their spines like porcupines do. It just adds to their cuteness.

I used to have a spiny mouse that I "rescued" from the pet store. He didn't really need rescuing, because he was fed and well taken care of, but he was in the pet store for ever, so, like many of my animals, he was an impromptu buy. He was the coolest mouse I've ever had. (I've actually had a ton of pet mice.) I want another one, but the pet stores around me don't sell them anymore! If anyone in PA knows where I can get one, let me know!

Do any of you have (or had) one?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment