Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On the Loose

Picture this: my little 20-pound wiener dog chasing a half-terrified calf around the yard as my mother shouts for my assistance. Yeah, that's what my neighbor had the pleasure of seeing yesterday morning.

My mom has taken to letting Nina out of her pen while she bottle feeds her. The baby sticks to her side as if she was her mother cow. Well, that morning Mom walked with Nina to the back door to hand the bottle inside, and just as she did, my little dachshund shot through the doorway like a furry torpedo.

Pudgy has been fascinated with the baby cow living in the back yard and every chance he gets, he tries to get up close and personal.



However, Nina didn't appreciate the short creature charging at her, and promptly took off with a panicked "mooooo!" and thus the chase ensued.

I came out of the basement door after Jeff informed me that Mom was shouting for help. At first I thought she was freaking out because Pudge was running around without a leash, but then I realized the cow was running also. So, barefooted, I sprinted through the cold, mushy yard to head off the baby from running to the road.

Eventually, both Pudge and Nina were contained and everyone ended up okay. My mom and my neighbor had a good laugh about the whole scene later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment