Monday, December 3, 2012

Rotting Orange Hand Lotion

I've been watching my cousins all week (which is why I haven't posted much!), and the other night my 16 yr old cousin walked in with a bitten apple and said "Smell this, it smells like lotion!"

So naturally I sniffed it. He was right, it smelled like an old hand lotion. Not quite "Spring Fresh" but not "Old Grandma" either. He said it tasted funny too, but the apple was ripe so it couldn't have been the issue. We agreed it was weird and moved on with our evening. 

Just before we went to bed, he looked over at the fruit bowl in the corner of the kitchen. He said the whole area smelled like lotion. So I investigated and sure enough, it did. I asked if anything spilled, but we couldn't find the mess. It wasn't until he picked up one of the little tangerine/orange fruits that we figured it out. The fruit was rotting on the bottom, and we all know when things rot they liquify. So this rotting citrus fruit was causing all of the other fruits in the bowl to smell kind of gross but kind of good.  

I should work for Bath and Body Works and offer rotting orange as a new fragrance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment