Monday, April 15, 2013

April Showers

Who else loves thunderstorms? I love everything about them. If I was better at math and had the guts to take physics, I would've gone to school for meteorology. We had our first real thunderstorm last week.


The sky got super dark, there were bolts of lightening striking all around, and gallons of water pouring from the sky. It was fantastic. I was house-sitting when it hit, and I managed to get a video of the rain from the safety of the porch.


It's hard to see the rain at first, but towards the end of the video you can see sheets of it flying across the yard. If you watch closely, you can see three poor geese in the upper corner caught flying in the storm. They had no idea how to crash-land and at one point just hung in the air, flapping their wings but not moving anywhere.

I can't wait for more summer storms. They're one of the best parts of the season. And you know what the cheesy phrase says: "April showers bring May flowers."


Ps: I took this photo on campus, and it took me 15 minutes of running around, being chased and dive-bombed by bumblebees to get the picture. I probably made some students' Monday a little more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment