Sunday, June 24, 2012

Country Girl in the Big Apple

As uncomfortable as I am in the city, I agreed to go on a day trip with my three friends to visit New York City. It was fantastic!





Normally I stay away from massive amounts of people, garbage, and honking cars, but I had the opportunity to visit one of the most important cities in the country. We spent one whole day running all over the city, visiting shops and sightseeing. We saw Times Square, Central Park (Balto!), the Statue of Liberty, and plenty of things in between. I even rode the subway. I was sad that we didn't see any mounted police officers, but I think it was too hot to have the horses out. 


We had dinner at the super cool resturaunt called Ninja New York. It was a creative ninja theme, with an underground feel and amazing food. The waiters were all dressed as ninjas and would often jump out at you to spook you. It was pretty funny to hear the random shouts down the hallways from other diners. 


The Harry Potter show we went to NYC for in the first place was absolutely hilarious. It's a two-man show called Pottered Potter, where they summarize all seven books in seventy minutes. Dan and Jeff, the comedians, were fantastic.  If you're planning on visiting the Big Apple soon, I'd recommend seeing this show--if you're a Potter fan of course.


We found HP house ties in F.A.O.


There was some things we didn't get to see from lack of time, so surprisingly I'm planning on making another visit in the future. It may not be the near future, but I want to check out Ground Zero, as well as the Shakespeare Garden in Central Park.

When we finally got home, we stepped off the bus in Pittsburgh and immediately our home city smelled cleaner than NYC. It also seems so much smaller.


Overall, I'm really glad I took the opportunity I had to visit the city. My ankle is killing me from all the running, and it took two days to recover my regular sleeping pattern, (sleeping on a Megabus isn't exactly fun), but sometimes getting off the farm and visiting a new area is a needed experience and I'm glad I did it.




Giant Lego Jack Sparrow in the F.A.O. Shwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment