Friday, August 31, 2012

Pumpkins!

We are pretty much set for Halloween this year. With four pumpkins growing in the garden, we won't need to buy them to make jack-o-lanterns. We have one little plant with an already orange pumpkin growing in the back yard, and the big vine out front has three green ones.




The vine in the front garden is almost as long as the sidewalk, and yet it only has three pumpkins. The one in the picture grew super fast. It was a baby pumpkin just a week or so ago. I've claimed that one as mine for Halloween because it's already huge and still not even orange yet, so it'll be a big 'un.

I haven't gotten to measure the vine yet, but as soon as I do I'll post it! The bad news is, the front vine has a fungus that began to kill the plant. The center of the plant is already wilted and dead, but the fungus hasn't reached my pumpkin yet. I'm hoping we'll be able to keep the vine alive long enough to reach Halloween. If not, we still have the lonely pumpkin in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment