Monday, August 27, 2012

Fair Week

The best week of our summer is hands down the week of the county fair. Games, sloppy finger food, animals, and truck pulls...who wouldn't love that? I went three days in a row to the fair and I loved each of them, but this year was truly special.

What's more American than the county fair? A bald eagle of course. When I took the three boys I babysit to the fair Wednesday afternoon, we did the usual rounds. We saw the animals, played a few games, and finally got some lunch. When we were cleaning up our garbage, I looked up and saw a huge bird leisurely soaring overhead. At first I thought it was a turkey vulture, like I've seen on the farm before, but it had a white head and tail. 



I'd never seen a bald eagle before, except in the zoo, so I wasn't positive that's what I was seeing. I called the one man I knew would absolutely know the answer, my granddad. He confirmed that bald eagles have white tails and that's what I managed to snap a picture with my phone of. 

It was pretty awesome being at the fair and seeing our country's mascot soar right over our heads.




Have any of you seen a wild bald eagle?

No comments:

Post a Comment