Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day

I hope everybody had a great 4th of July! It was a perfect day for celebrating America. I spent the day surrounded by some of my best friends, playing in the woods, picking berries, and eating food cooked on the grill.




Sammie and I went out to gather grass for Wilma, but we found black raspberries instead, so we spent the day climbing through jagger bushes to pick the best berries.











We then got our feet wet in the creek to cool off a little (it was so hot!), found fresh flowers to pick and put in a vase for my mom, and played with the piglets.




We are planning on making a pie out of the berries we picked yesterday. It's hard to get much more American than a day playing in the woods and picking berries on the farm.

I hope everybody else has a great of a holiday as we did. I'd love to hear how you celebrated!



No comments:

Post a Comment