Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A delicious surprise for Wilma

I was driving home today when I passed a pumpkin on the side of the road. It was a big guy, hollowed out with a hole in the side. So naturally, I pulled over on a busy mid-town road and tossed the pumpkin in my trunk.


I got home and picked some of the long grass around the farm, scooped a bucket of corn kernels, and filled the pumpkin with them.


Wilma goes crazy for all three of these veggies. I had a hard time even putting the pumpkin on the floor for her, since she was so excited to have it. She grabbed it like a bucket and carried it around her stall, breaking it apart and eating it. The babies loved it too. They're just starting to eat solids, while still nursing, so they're eating some of the grasses I throw in. They even chewed on the pumpkin pieces.





So instead of throwing away your jack-o-lanterns after Halloween, find a pig farm to donate them to. They'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment